Property Rates Policy 2018
The list of public input sessions can be found HERE
General Valuation 2018
- The Valuation Roll can be inspected from 20 February 2018 on the City of Joburg website www.joburg.org.za
- Objections close on 6 April 2018 and no late submission will be accepted.
- Objections must be done on the prescribed form and can be handed in at the designated offices, these will be advertised on the CoJ Website.
- There will be a new on-line porthole for objections on the CoJ website. One objection per application.
- Please ensure that you include your email address in all objections, this will assist with further communications.
- There is an appeals process if your objection is rejected. This can take up to 18 months. It is advisable to continue to pay the full rates amount on your account.
- If there is a more than 10% increase or decrease in the valuation it will automatically go to the appeals board.
- Valuation is based on the value of your property as at 1 July 2017
- The Rates Policy 2018/2019 will be open for comment from 27th January 2018 until 28 February 2018.
- Comments can be submitted in writing to RatesComment@joburg.org.za or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Property Valuations Updates and Advice